Sr Database Administrator job available in Truven Health
Sr Database Administrator Job Description
Sr. Oracle DBA will provide support to development, QA, databases and development teams. The DBA will prototype solutions and may directly contribute code to software development projects. Must have strong knowledge of multiple versions of Oracle databases with direct hands-on skills. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and work with multiple development and operations teams simultaneously. Must be well organized and able to manage multiple projects while coordinating day-to-day duties with other DBA’s.
Sr Database Administrator Responsibilities
• Manage Oracle Exadata
• Participate in agile development process
• Provide 24×7 support when necessary
• Oracle Real Application Clusters design, build and support
• Oracle installation, configuration and maintenance
• Oracle version migration(s) and upgrades
• Day to day support and Administration of Oracle database
• Install, test, tune, maintain, design and document database systems, utility programs, monitoring tools, etc
• Monitor, report, and resolve database errors with vendors and customers
• Maintain database security and integrity concerning data and computing resources to comply with company standards
• Provide input in the creation of standards, procedures, and guidelines established to ensure system security, stability, and reliability
Sr Database Administrator Job Requirements
Sr. Database Administrator Required Skills and Experience
• Experience with Oracle 11g through 12c databases and utilities on AIX, Solaris, and Linux servers
• Strong experience with PL/SQL including triggers, procedures, packages and SQL tuning, Oracle Data Guard, and Oracle RMAN
• Experience with Oracle Advance Features, database modeling and design, database replication, standby databases, performance tuning, backup and recovery procedures
• Experience with RMAN, datapump, data-guard, TDE,
• Experience setting up, configuring, copying, and moving databases across different platforms and operating systems
• Experience managing large multi-terabyte databases.
• Experience installing, upgrading, and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
• Strong scripting skills in Bash Shell, Korn Shell, and Perl
• Familiarity of Open Source tools and solutions
• Understanding of web application solutions and servers
• Good communication skills, both written and oral to communicate effectively with team, management, other departmental representatives; contractors, consultants, vendors and external customers.
- Knowledge of DB2.
- Application development environment experience.
Education / Certification Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math OR Engineering or equivalent.
• Minimum 4 to 5 years applicable Oracle Database Administration experience in a 24×7 production environment.