Senior Civil Field Technician job in Grand Rapids, MI
Senior Civil Field Technician Job Description
Integrated Talent Strategies is looking for a Senior Civil Field Technician to work in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
We are looking for an ideal candidate with the following skill set:
- Prepare daily reports detailing the status of the work, including confirmation of work completed, available resources and jobsite conditions.
- Inspect traffic control and mobility set-ups for MDOT projects and provide recommendations for corrections as needed.
- Track and visually inspect materials and ensure materials compliance.
- Provide oversight and direction to on-site inspection staff and materials testing staff as required, and assist in staff scheduling to ensure project work is appropriately covered.
- Manage multiple projects as required.
- Assist in documenting that construction adheres to design requirements.
- Communicate with Engineer, Contractor, other inspection staff, and materials testing staff as required to address non-compliant or borderline compliance work.
- Assist with any Requests for Information.
- Assist Engineer with submittal reviews as applicable.
- Attend and participate in Project Progress Meetings.
Senior Civil Field Technician Job Requirements
Job Experience and Education Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Civil Engineering Technology/Construction/Concrete.
Desired Job Experience
- A minimum of ten years industry experience is preferred.
- AS degree in civil engineering technology or construction is a plus.
- Experience with or knowledge of field inspection procedures and requirements on MDOT projects is required.
- Experience with or knowledge of MDOT documentation requirements and Field Manager/Fieldbook is required.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office including Work, Outlook, and Excel is required.
- Experience utilizing Adobe Standard is preferred.