Accounting Assistant Job in Hamilton’s Funeral Des Moines IA
Accounting Assistant Job Description
Hamilton’s Funeral Home – For over 100 years, Hamilton’s Funeral Home has maintained a standard of excellence in serving families in the Des Moines and surrounding areas as well as throughout the state of Iowa. We offer six convenient locations to meet the needs of our communities. Our mission is to serve client families and one another, adapting to the desires of each person seeking help.
This position will provide daily assistance to the accounting department staff; maintain general proficiency for each accounting position in order to cover specific staff during absences; general administrative/clerical functions; other specific responsibilities as assigned.
Accounting Assistant Job Duties
- Prepare invoices for processing/entry.
- Match invoices to purchase orders/packing slips.
- Review/Reconcile invoices and statements for accuracy.
- Communicate with vendors.
- Process checks.
- Maintain files.
- Post account payments.
- Work with clients to resolve/reconcile payments.
- Confirm insurance.
- File insurance claims.
- Maintain accurate records of client families.
- Assist with accounts receivable functions and collections.
Accounts Receivable – New Accounts.
- Process and maintain client contracts.
- Maintain contract adjustments.
- Manage all incoming payments.
- Prepare daily deposits.
- Reconcile credit card transactions.
Other Duties as Assigned.
Accounting Assistant Job Requirements
- Minimum 2 year degree in accounting.
- 3-5 years’ experience.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Timely completion of responsibilities.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel including ability to create/maintain spreadsheets and reports.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Knowledge of web-based programs, software and database applications and technologies.
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another.
- Experience with general office equipment.
- Team focused yet able to work independently (with minimal supervision).
- Ability to interact well with client families and other employees.
- Work well in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Able to work in open work space environment with distractions.
- Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, such as keyboard, are frequently required.
- Great attendance.
- Strong work ethic.
- Observe Confidentiality Policy.